Information system for a nonprofit foundation
- Category: Hospital Systems
- Published on Tuesday, 04 September 2012 03:30
- Written by Hector T. Gutierrez
- Hits: 2964
The nonprofit Fundación Luis Pasteur currently serves an average of 22,000 patients per year, of which 99.8% are women.
Attention makes its facilities both in Mexico City, and through the conference program and performs medical, to bring women community health service aimed at preventing cervical cancer and breast cancer.
In the field of information systems experience was bad, this is due to two situations, the first who has worked with two different applications that now support the operation and cause the recapture of most of the information and what it entails and hiring a vendor that did not meet expectations.
DSP's participation in the Foundation is given for work done in a chain of laboratories that is closely linked with the institution.
How does the nonprofit Foundation works?
When a person enters, the steps followed are:
- We ask if is it the first time he/she enters or not?.
- If this is your first time, then it takes a socio-economic study to determine the recovery rate.
- Otherwise, you will be seeking for background.
- He asks what type of tests you need and thereby determines the amount of services charged and asked to go to a waiting room.
- The patient is seen by a Dr. who is responsible for collecting your medical records for first time patients, or notes for subsequent developments.
- If it is necessary to take samples for laboratory, taking photos of the parts needed and informs the next date to deliver query results and medical diagnosis.
- Analyzes are sent to the laboratory chain required per patient, is updated in parallel or open the file of the patient, as appropriate.
- When you meet the next appointment date, are given to the patient results, the procedures and medications to take to diagnose the gynecologist. Depending on the findings is determined to continue treatment and scheduled appointments for each patient or control if the event is "delicate", is helped to forward it to other medical institution specializing in the type of treatment the patient required.
B. Visits to communities.
For each week develops a visitation program which distinguishes the following information:
- Where do they go?.
- Who is the social promoter who organized the event and whether it is single or double. A single event involving more than 35 women to attend and twice at least 60, of course, this is material and time.
- Who come from the nonprofit Foundation, in which vehicle?.
- Attention will be charged or not, this is because as the nonprofit Foundation receives contributions from other companies, institutions or organizations, it may be the case to charge people to attend but if information to those who make contributions.
- The staff involved is the driver of the unit, the social worker, one or two doctors, depending on the day, a specialist who handles the equipment and sampling physical exam or blood photographic, etc..
- To reach the community, proceed as follows:
- The unit is installed and can be 2 cases:
- The social worker stays with the unit and collects data from each woman, or
- The social worker will work in a home or away from the unit area, usually up to 2 streets and collects information.
- Each patient is received and after obtaining their general data, the doctor gives a checkup and then the samples are obtained.
- All data are collected in formats which have been previously developed.
- Whether charged or not, a receipt is issued to each patient served.
- Finally is the date of return to the community to deliver results and to follow procedures and prescriptions of drugs for each patient.
- The unit is installed and can be 2 cases:
Upon returning to the offices of Mexico City, the formats are delivered to the area responsible for capturing the information requested and laboratory studies of each person served.
Once you have the laboratory results obtained with the field, the gynecologist determined what to do and develops if necessary prescriptions and procedures to be applied.
Determine the date of the community visit.
Reports and results information system (HIS)
Based on their activities, it is natural to generate controls and reports at different levels, among which are the following:
- The amount of fundraising and expenses for the tax.
- Reports to companies, institutions or organizations that make contributions.
- Statistics derived from their activity.
- The scheduling of new visits to communities.
- The schedule of the talks that are given to patients and the general public, among other things.
Other important activities
Before mentioning the scope of the new application, it was necessary to do the following:
- Review of your current infrastructure, separated into the following sections:
- Equipment and features available to the Foundation.
- Information systems using, they do, in that platform work in that store data and space they occupy.
- Its network of internal and external communications.
- Program growth over the next three years.
- How they operate and control their information.
- How organize and serve a day in communities.
- What kind of indicators that operate today and expect to publish if the new application is implemented.
The challenges of the new information system (HIS)
There are several challenges for the commissioning of the new information system, among them are:
- A level of care in the Foundation:
- Integrate the entire operation in a single application.
- Remove the recapture of information.
- Generate electronic invoicing.
- Integrate the needs of the application Social Work.
- Create a portal of indicators for internal use and for consulting resource donors.
- Leaving prepared in growth equipment and communications system of at least 3 years.
- A level of medical days in communities:
- Building a field operating and intervention covering Social Work staff, medical intervention and who takes pictures.
- Additionally, interlacing the application for days with the system of the nonprofit Foundation to integrate captured data to the database automatically but controlled.
Based on this, we have developed an Integration Module images in a Hospital System HIS
comments powered by Disqus